Friday, October 15, 2010

Bacon Cheese Frittata

Ok, we have a lot of eggs and bacon, so I thought I would make something quick tonight that capitalizes on these two items. My choice is a Bacon Cheese Frittata. A Frittata is a dish kinda like a Quiche or an omelete , but without the crust of the quiche and the folding of the omelete. 



Ingredients: 
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
 That's it!  It's pretty easy.  And tasty!  I serve it with some potatoes and toast.  Hope you enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Looks good. You could throw in some more meat, like chopped up ham or salami, with the bacon. I usually do that with my omelettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dam looks good. Might have a go at it later :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. shit looks tasty i guess im going to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post! Makes me think of quiche. Been years since I've had quiche.

    I wrote a follow up to yesterday's post, I See You! It's called Google Analytics Pro Tips & Tricks. You have to check it out if you haven't already. You'll be glad you did.

    See you real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn that looks good, maybe put more bacon.

    ReplyDelete