Friday, October 15, 2010

Bacon Cheese Frittata

Ok, we have a lot of eggs and bacon, so I thought I would make something quick tonight that capitalizes on these two items. My choice is a Bacon Cheese Frittata. A Frittata is a dish kinda like a Quiche or an omelete , but without the crust of the quiche and the folding of the omelete. 



Ingredients: 
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
 That's it!  It's pretty easy.  And tasty!  I serve it with some potatoes and toast.  Hope you enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Looks good. You could throw in some more meat, like chopped up ham or salami, with the bacon. I usually do that with my omelettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dam looks good. Might have a go at it later :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. shit looks tasty i guess im going to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post! Makes me think of quiche. Been years since I've had quiche.

    I wrote a follow up to yesterday's post, I See You! It's called Google Analytics Pro Tips & Tricks. You have to check it out if you haven't already. You'll be glad you did.

    See you real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mm tastey, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn that looks good, maybe put more bacon.

    ReplyDelete