I was looking for some warm comfort food and found this simple recipe:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
- In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into 16 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Add biscuit pieces to sugar mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat.
- Sprinkle half of apple slices in pan. Layer half of the biscuit pieces and half of the pecans on top of apples. Sprinkle with remaining apple slices. Layer remaining biscuit pieces and remaining pecans on top.
- In small bowl, mix caramel topping and vanilla. Pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cover loosely with foil during last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate. Serve warm.